Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'd Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper

Life got hectic the past few weeks, but we are back.  I am going to commit to posting updates on My Sugar Scape and life everyday, well almost everyday.  Between the husband traveling, the kids schedules, school volunteering etc....you all know how that goes.  I know I don't need to explain it to you:)

Right now I am officially little girl proofing my office so my little one can now hang out in here with me as I try to work.  Much better then running up and down stairs every few minutes or chasing her around trying to keep her off the stairs.  As I type she is finding cords I thought were well hidden.  When she is on my lap banging on the keyboard is her favorite past time.  But this is what we do as moms, juggle and make it all happen.  I stopped at the park the other day to kill some time before my son's doctor appointment.  It was like going to a mommy convention.  Mommies with toddlers, mommies with babies strapped on them, mommies with strollers......  They all had the same look on their face - I'm tired, I need a break, I hope my kids get worn out so he'll nap, I hope my kid doesn't hit that other kid.  It was a sea of moms and babies.  I thought to myself is this what I have become????  Is that me?  And the answer is - yes.  I am no different then those other moms.  In some ways that worries me because I am not the same person I was before kids, but in other ways I embrace it.  I love my kids, but that doesn't mean the job is easy.

On that note I found a hilarious, but resourceful book the other day.  It is called I'd Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper.  I have just started reading it and just have to say that we all need to give ourselves more credit and more breaks.  For my local friends I am more then happy to pass it around once I am done.  Let me know who wants it first.  I think I may actually start a support page in the book where each mom that reads it can write a sentence or phrase of support before passing it along.  Once the book comes full circle it would be great to see what everyone has written.

Okay, that's it.  Baby is crying and I have to sign off.  I am not a writer but I am making it a challenge to post as much as possible on our blog.   As for My Sugar Scape we are still working on our contest and I am hoping to have something in place next week.

Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! You are an amazing mom and great friend :-). Great blog - I can totally relate to what you're saying about life before mommyhood and life as we know it now. Hang in there sister!

Post a Comment

 
© My Sugar Scape
CoffeeShop Designs